Protecting Your Privacy and Security
At MRG, your privacy is a serious priority.
The collection and use of personal client and borrower information is fundamental to our ability to provide and administer loan processing and closing services to you as our clients. We collect and use information for such purposes as evaluating a request for disclosures or high cost testing, administering our products or services, processing requested transactions, and offering additional MRG products or services.
Our relationship with you is our most important asset. We understand that you have entrusted us with private financial information, and we do everything we can to maintain that trust. The following are details of our approach to privacy.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We do not disclose personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies: We disclose personal information, such as loan and transaction data, to companies, including financial institutions that contract with MRG to execute transactions, act in a custodial capacity, etc. We have contracts with these companies that prohibit them from using personal information for their own purposes. We may disclose personal information to companies that help us process or service your transactions or account(s). We may disclose all the information we collect, as described in Section 3 below, to other service providers that perform servicing activities on our behalf, or with whom we have joint marketing arrangements. We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances in which we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law (for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, resolve consumer disputes, perform credit/authentication checks, or for institutional risk control). Outside of these exceptions, we will not share personal information with third parties unless you have specifically asked us to do so.
- We do collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to administer loan closing documentation requests. Information From Individuals. Most information we collect is obtained directly from a client about individuals who are closing, or seeking to close, a mortgage loan with that client. The information we collect may include name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, and financial information. We also may collect information from consumer reporting agencies. Information From Third Parties. If we need to verify information or need additional information, we may obtain information from third parties; for example, consumer reporting agencies and employers. Personal information collection from individuals and third parties may vary depending upon the type of mortgage loan or service applied for by the individual.
- We may share personal information with affiliated companies and regulatory agencies. MRG Document Technologies is an operating division of the Mortgage Resources Group, LLC. We may share certain personal information within the law firm in order to fulfill various quality control and regulatory requirements.
- We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Companies we hire to provide support services are not allowed to use personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality. We limit their use of personal information to the performance of the specific service we have requested. We restrict access to personal information to select employees and agents who have a need for such information for business purposes only. All such employees are trained and required to safeguard such information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard personal information.
- We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If you identify any inaccuracy in personal information, or you need to make a change to that information, please contact us so that we may promptly update our records and better serve you.
- We will provide notice of changes in our information sharing practices. If, at any time in the future, it is necessary to disclose any of the personal information in a way that is inconsistent with this policy, we will give you advance notice of the proposed change so that you will have the opportunity to opt out of such disclosure to the extent permitted by law.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at:
MRG Document Technologies
717 N. Harwood Street, Suite 1600
Dallas, TX 75201