Melanie R. Finkelstein assists mortgage lenders and brokers in their compliance with federal, state and local mortgage banking compliance laws and regulations. Her expertise in the field of regulatory compliance law has made her a sought-after author and speaker on the constantly evolving field of mortgage compliance. Along with MRG’s Marsha Williams, Ms. Finkelstein was selected as one of five contributing authors of the Pratt State Regulation of 2nd Mortgages & Home Equity Loans, a comprehensive resource for lenders across the country.
Ms. Finkelstein has also spoken and written extensively on mortgage compliance issues for financial publications and associations, in Texas and nationwide. She is an active member of the Texas Mortgage Bankers Association and Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association, and she is a member of the Mortgage Banking Advisory Committee at North Lake College in Irving, Texas.
- Juris Doctor, Louisiana State University Law Center, 2006
- Moot Court Board; CALI Excellence Awards in Legal Research & Writing, Civil Law Property, Matrimonial Regimes, U.S. Constitutional History, and Security Devices; Order of the Coif.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Texas at Austin, 2003
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Mortgage Bankers Association
- Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association
- Mortgage Banking Advisory Committee, North Lake College, Irving, Texas
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
- Pratt's State Regulation of Second Mortgages and Home Equity Loans, contributing Author
- Mortgage Modifications: Where We Are Today, Texas Bankers Association Legal Conference, San Antonio, Texas, March, 2012
- Mortgage Loan Servicing, Foreclosure, and Foreclosure Consultants, Consumer Credit Law Conference, Grapevine, Texas, October, 2011
- State Law Foreclosure Trends, Consumer Credit Law Conference, South Lake Texas, October, 2010
- Tomorrow's Mortgage Executive, Recovery Tips - Dodd Frank's Impact, October, 2009
- Managing REO, Abandoned and Vacant Property RegistrationJuly, 2009
- DS News, The Low Down on Loan Mods, April, 2009